My story thus far
I am a Born San Fernandian, was brought up in a very musical house, neighbourhoods and region in Trinidad, introduced to Calypso, Hindustani, Pichakaree, Chutney, Parang, Pop and Reggae music recordings by my father and uncles at a young age, was surrounded by Church Gospel music and Temple Ramayan music, Hymnals like " How Great thou Art" and Bhajans like "Lake of the deeds of Rama" by Sri Tulsidas [Ramcharitmanas] and Live Chutney and Parang Music bands and I once sang along with the Founder of Soca Music extempo singing in a garage with my neighbours.
I was also exposed to local rock music on the radio and in 1996 started WTNT -Trinidad Rock radio, a internet portal with the rights to legally promote local music. Introduced to local Hip Hop artistes while shopping at Gulf City Mall.
I attended classical English musicals, and dramas and Local Plays at The Naparima Bowl and also the National Academy for Performing Arts [N&S], Panorama [North Park] in Queens Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain and Soca and Chutney Monarchs music and Mas in Skinner Park, San Fernando. I was influenced by music played at Hi RPM, Celebs,Carnival City, Space la Nouba, Sting, Gravity Lounge, Zanzibar, Hanggers, Club Maracas, The Rig,The Zen, Monty's, 51 Degrees,Club India, Club Submarine,The Rise, Rising Star, Southern Edge and Skyy View nightclubs locally. I also count in musical influences from UK genres of music and many friendly nations and Theatre while I was resident in London,UK and native Cayman Island music while resident in George Town, Grand Cayman and Jamaican Dancehall music and food during my long layovers.
Encouraged by my Mother and Father I was trained in;
- Piano / Keyboard at the Daffodil School of Music with the UK Trinity College qualified, the late Ms. Daphne Celestine, San Fernando, Trinidad. (Deceased).
- Harmonica Mr. Rohan "Joe" Gosine, of NYC via Morne Diable | Penal
- Recorder / Choral singing with Ms. Alexander of Great Britain at Naparima College
- Sitar with Ms. Sneha Saxena of India via San Fernando, Trinidad.
- Harmonium / Tabla / Vocal / Hindi , Sangeet Prathama [Indian Classical Music] with the late Dr. Rajnie Ramlakhan of Spring Village ,Curepe,Trinidad. (Deceased).
- Guitar with Mr. Balgobin and Mr. Lennox Saunders of San Fernando,Trinidad.
- Bass Guitar [Self Taught]
- Announcing with ABA, Announcer's Broadcast Academy |with 95.1FM The best mix's Mr. Hollis "Holly" Thomas (Deceased), Barbara Assoon, Eddisson Carr , Winston Maynard and Brandon Khan.
- Airbrushing [Carnival Body Art] trained with Mark Ramlal, Custom Graphix, Gulf City Mall.
- DAW - Digital Audio Workstation, The first audio productions that charted digitally in the World genre, on Reverbnation, London, UK.
- Steel Pan via BP's Music App [BPTT][Pan Trinbago] [Digital Business] Software Developer Team: Kristopher Maillard,Christian Lalla, Shawn Lewis,Quinten Quesnel,Kailash Maharaj,Kaydine Bissoon, Devanand Ramsingh, Anneela Rambally, Ryan Singh, Sueann Ramsingh.
- Tassa via Music App [Digital Business] Software Developer Team: Kristopher Maillard,Christian Lalla,Quinten Quesnel, Rostant Ganpath, Kailash Maharaj, Anneela Rambally, Anil Rambhajan, Ryan Singh, Keisha Herralal, Rebecca Soodoo.
- The Music Industry Technical Camp 2018 with Dianjen Centre for Musical Excellence of Gasparillo | CDCA , [Various Lecturers] Trinidad, West Indies.
- Business Entertainment with U.W.I ROYTEC, UWI School of Business & Applied Studies|TUCO [Various Lecturers] P.O.S,Trinidad.
- Producing the Record 2019 with Dianjen Centre for Musical Excellence of Gasparillo,Trinidad | NTA with U.S.A |NYU qualified Mr. Farley J. Joseph of Williamsville, Trinidad.